We are seeking an IT/Network Support Assistant to provide in-house and customer facing IT support. This is a role within the service and support team, with support/knowledge from another existing team. You will respond, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of IT issues from both internal Singer team members and external customers.
Internal IT support requirements include:
- log-in issues; remote access, the set-up of laptops/desktops, providing technical support, advice and assistance.
- Specifying and purc
- Liaising with external service providers and ensuring they are operating within agreed SLA’s.
- Monitoring systems and networks.
- Taking responsibility for all user management for starters/leavers/permissions.
- Security and cyber security housekeeping (Patching, systems hardening & vulnerability management)
- Collaborating with and supporting other SI functions to ensure new systems, updates and projects are effectively managed.
Customer facing IT support
- Remote/in-person Support of networking issues surrounding installation of Singer Instruments equipment within laboratories.
- Supporting installation of integrated customer products, from an IT environment perspective, including global travel where appropriate.
- Applying a customer focused approach; taking ownership, keeping users informed of progress, understanding business impact, seeking feedback and always striving to improve.
- Liaising with subject matter experts to solve issues on robotic integrations.
- Helping to identify trends to eliminate preventable issues by dealing with root causes.
Develop, produce, and maintain IT documents and procedures
- At least two years 1st / 2nd line support experience
- Excellent customer service skills/written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and approach.
- Demonstrable technical capability and confidence supporting multiple relevant services/systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with experience in resolution of 1st and 2nd line IT issues
- Excellent time management and prioritising skills
- Experience of working with Comms hardware, networking and firewall implementation and maintenance.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to travel internationally and support onsite customer installations
- Exposure to a corporate environment
- Understanding of electronics, robotics, mechanical or software engineering development
- Experience with robotics or consumer products
- Understanding of ergonomics and product usability
- Experience using Google and Atlassian (Jira & Confluence) productivity suites is an advantage
- A passion for disruptive technologies
- BBQ Skills.
£20,000 – £30,000 p.a.
Profit Share for Nerds (Bonus scheme)
Equity for Nerds (Staff ownership scheme)
30 days holiday including Bank Holidays
Holiday bonus on length of service
Singer HQ, Roadwater near Minehead, Somerset
Singer R&D, Minehead, Somerset
Full-time (flexible hours)
A bit about us…
Established in 1934, Singer Instruments is a relatively small (50 people) but rapidly expanding UK-based family business that develops and provides hardware and software solutions for laboratory automation.
Our customers are doing amazing things across all facets of biological science including genetics, neuroscience, cancer biology and biofuel engineering. Our customers include the world’s top 50 universities, NASA and some of the most famous beer and wine producers. The beer in your fridge may have been researched using one of our microscopes!
We’ve got offices in California, Singapore and Germany with our HQ in the beautiful Exmoor National Park in the South West of England.
We are only excepting job applications directly through the website. Strictly no job agencies