Scientific Marketing Executive
Singer Instruments empower scientists in laboratories in over 60 countries to accelerate their research efforts on global challenges such as cures for cancer and solutions for renewable energies.
We’re looking for a biologist passionate about communication to step into an extremely varied role, one which will undoubtedly challenge and allow you to gain exposure to many aspects of the industry that larger companies might not be able to provide to scientists at the beginning of their careers. Things like product development and testing, data modelling, market research, and strategic planning.
Located in Exmoor on UK’s South West coast, Singer offers world-class culture and benefits. An engaged team make great products!
Are you a charismatic biologist who loves to champion science? Are you up for travelling internationally, collaborating with world-renowned scientists, and getting hands-on with robots?
If so, step into an extremely varied role, one which will undoubtedly challenge and allow you to gain exposure to many aspects of the industry that larger companies might not be able to provide to scientists at the beginning of their careers. Things like product development and testing, data modelling, market research, and strategic planning.
This role could be for you if…
- You’re as passionate about scientific outreach as you are about wielding a micropipette.
- You’re a creative wordsmith and storyteller.
- You’re a confident and engaging people person.
- You’re not put off by advertising our robot overlords, which are slowly taking over the planet.
You will report directly to and be supported by the Marketing Manager and form a crucial part of the Marketing team, working especially closely with our Scientific and Digital Marketing Executives; as well as our wonderful customers and collaborators; the internal and remote international Salesforce; and our Customer Success, User Experience, and Product teams to produce educational and inspirational scientific symphonies.
£21.000 – £24.000
- Profit Share
- Staff ownership
- Healthcare scheme
Up to 31 days per year.
Zero-notice time off for surf and sun.
on length of service.
The Lab, Minehead,
Full-time (flexible hours)
We always try to shape a job around your preferences as much as ours, meaning there will be lots of opportunities for growth and development. Some of the hats you will get to try on include:
- International scientific conference organisation and attendance.
- Collaborating with world-renowned scientists to participate in and support practical application development.
- Market and customer research.
- Generation of training materials regarding the latest product developments and market trends.
- Increasing brand awareness within key scientific communities.
- Marketing analysis, data science, insight and attribution modelling.
What we are aiming for
- BSc, MSc, or recent graduate PhD in Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or a similar field.
- Confident, with fantastic people, presentation and communication skills.
- A high level of written English.
- An eye for detail.
- An outstanding ability to organise and prioritise.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and motivated to succeed.
- Creative bones.
- The flexibility and willingness to travel occasionally.
- Supportive of a culture of continuous improvement and able to thrive in a ‘start-up style’ SME work environment.
How do you fit in?
The work you do will help scientists in laboratories in over 50 countries accelerate their research efforts on global challenges, such as cures for cancer and solutions for renewable energies.
- This is a marketing role first and foremost, but you’ll have the chance to relive some of the wet-lab glory days!
- Scientific content creation: including blogs and scientific articles, application notes, social media posts, and product videos.
- Coordination and invigoration of an exciting, effective content marketing plan, which delivers tangible results, against key marketing objectives.
- Presenting in-person and online product demonstrations and webinars, using model organisms for that ‘fingers crossed, is anything going to grow?’ excitement.
Why should you apply?
- You’re motivated by having a job with purpose, our customers work on finding cures for cancer, creating natural alternatives to synthetic materials, and accelerating the development of biofuels for example.
- You prefer communicating science to operating a micropipette.
- You prefer to live in a Somerset national park, on the beach, rather than a sprawling urban metropolis.
- You want to have fun working in a vibrant, fast-paced environment.
- You want to have an impact in ways you’ve never had before… we’re a small company (circa 60 people) with solid foundations for rapid growth
These aren’t required but you should definitely mention them in your application if you tick any of these boxes:
- Experience in scientific outreach or communications.
- Degree or CIM qualification in Marketing or a related field.
- Hands-on, practical robotics (or similar) technical experience.
- Solid IT skills including spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience of having attended an international conference.
- Geeky hobbies.
- Additional languages.
- A valid and clean driving licence.
More reasons to apply
- Location 🚵🏼♂️ means your hike/bike/surf/kitesurf is part of your daily life
- World-class culture 🙌🏼 eNPS 63
- Holiday 🗽 23 days per year + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday bonus ⛱ on length of service up to an additional 5 days per year
- Surf’s-up 🏄♀️ no-notice holiday for surf or weather-related activities
- Healthcare scheme 🚑 through WPA for all permanent employees
- Mental healthcare support 🧘🏽♀️ for all permanent employees
- Flexible working 🤹🏽♂️ Blended approach to office and WFH
- Employee referrals 💰 £1,000 per referral hired from your network
- Profit Share for Nerds 📈 bonus scheme
- Equity for Nerds share options scheme 📈
Application deadline: 31st July 2022
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
‘We encourage applications from all individuals and respect and appreciate differences and unique ways of thinking. We are flexible and can adapt both our application and assessments by discussing your individual needs first.’
A bit about us…
Singer Instruments, headquartered in Somerset on the edge of Exmoor, develop laboratory automation to accelerate research for scientists who want to make the world a better place. The company supports a global customer base, across a spectrum of interests such as healthcare, antibiotics, biofuels, renewable fabrics, and plant-based alternatives to meat.
As an employee-owned company, Singer puts its people first. Singer Instruments are very proud to have won the Somerset Business Awards Employer of the Year. By supporting our teams and investing in our people, we get the best results for our customers.
We are always on the look out for new team members, if you can’t find a particular position then select the I’m feeling lucky option.
R&D Manager / Director
Join our growing R&D Team where you’ll be leading the delivery of a disruptive set of solutions in the life science sector. As new additions to the product line, this is a great chance to get stuck in at the beginning of a long-running effort that is crucial to our success.
Engineering Manager – Robotics & Automation
This is a varied, hands-on, management role, with the ability to run a diverse team of varying experience with approx. 25% time for engineering work. Work with the software engineers and in-house microbiologists team.
Software Engineer (Continuous Improvement)
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our agile Research and Development team. You’ll become an intrinsic part of our in-house SWE team who are responsible for building features on our existing product portfolio.
Scientific Marketing Executive
We’re looking for a biologist passionate about communication to step into an extremely varied role, one which will undoubtedly challenge and allow you to gain exposure to many aspects of the industry that larger companies might not be able to provide to scientists at the beginning of their careers.
BBSRC DTP PIPS Placement
Calling all budding life scientists, bioinformaticians, programmers and engineers! Get involved in development and testing of products and party with us after another successful product launch!