Is it Christmas yet? The Singer lab has certainly been getting into the festive spirit. The flasks are full of sherry and the turkey’s in the incubator! All that’s left to sort out is the Christmas tree. But, if like us, you’re sick of untangling the tree lights and cleaning up the constant shower of pine needles, we have the ultimate solution: grow a GFP Christmas tree!
To create your own GFP Christmas tree you will need:
- A ROTOR with a Stinger. Need a ROTOR? Need a Stinger?
- Christmas Stinger file
- 384-density array source plate (GFP is optional but it looks much more festive!)
- Target plate
- Glass of sherry (optional but recommended!)
- PhenoBooth (if using GFP / you want to create an awesome growth time lapse). Need a PhenoBooth?
Ready? Let Christmas commence!
1. Load the Stinger file into the ROTOR.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions for loading your 384-density, GFP source plate and the target plate, then hit go!
3. Drink some sherry and be merry while the Stinger does its thing.
4. Use the PhenoBooth to watch the GFP tree glow and come to life.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good science.